Service Update (Effective from Thursday March 26th 2020)
As we work our way through the Covid-19 emergency, we wish to assure members we are doing all we can to fully support their day-to-day banking needs.
Branch Opening Hours (Dublin & Shannon)
10.00 – 4 pm until further notice.
This will change has matters develop day by day. Please monitor our website for updates to opening hours.
- Increased the frequency and thoroughness of our facility cleaning.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations in all locations for members and employees.
- Employees are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly throughout the day and to wipe down their work areas frequently.
- Employees are encouraged to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We are encouraging our members to transact business online rather than in branch. If you must conduct your business face to face, please note we are limiting the numbers in branch at any one time.
There are credit union services where members can avoid coming in to transact their business. Many of these services are available 24/7. We encourage members to do their part in slowing the spread of the virus by using these alternate methods:
- Online and Mobile Banking is available 24/7 at www.aviatecu.ie. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to go online and sign-up for online banking. If you have questions. We can walk you through any of the online services via telephone during normal business hours.
- Online banking offers account information, transfers between accounts at the credit union, transfers between your Credit Union account and your account at another institution, transfers to your friends and family, loan and credit card payments.
- Automated Balance Enquiries is also available 24/7 at 01 8445187 by choosing Option 1. You do need to have a PIN to use this service. To establish a PIN, please contact the Credit Union at the phone above.
- Debit Cards – For instant access to cash, register for a credit union current account and debit card which can be used at any POS or ATM.
- Member Support Center –
We can handle basically any non-cash transaction you may have via your telephone request. Phone requests may require additional security questions to assure we have properly identified the caller.
Due to the anticipated volume of calls, we ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
* People with no work or reduced hours
Your employer may decide to close their business for this period and send you home. This is called a temporary lay-off. If your employer cannot pay for this period, you can apply for a special new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment.
This new payment will be available to all employees and the self-employed who have lost employment due to a downturn in economic activity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The payment has a simple one–page application form and will be paid for a period of 6 weeks at a flat rate payment of €203 per week for jobseekers. It is designed to quickly deliver a social welfare payment to the unemployed and provide income security during this 6-week period.
You can get the application form on gov.ie (pdf). You need to post the form to PO BOX 12896, Dublin 1.
If your employer reduces your hours to 3 days or less per week from your normal full-time hours, you can apply for a payment called Short Time Work Support which is a form of Jobseeker’s Benefit.
Find out more about lay-off and short-time working.
Your Credit Union Loan or Overdraft
If you are concerned about meeting your Loan or overdraft repayments, the first thing to do is to get in contact with us by phone or email.
We will review each member circumstances on a case by case basis and discuss the options with you. We are here to help you through these unprecedented times.
Unfortunately, some people and companies are taking advantage of the fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and social media.
We will continue to monitor the pandemic situation and adjust our actions accordingly.